AMIRA_LOCAL Setup Tutorial
Brief video explaining how to set up an AMIRA_LOCAL path on Windows 10.
Advantages of this approach:
- Xtras and scripts are retained across products and software upgrades.
- Especially useful for token license environments.
- Not deleted when the software is uninstalled.
- Assuming you use a user-accessible path, this approach requires no administrator rights.
- There is minimal risk of overwriting default installation files.
- This approach allows you to read and write custom documentation for Xtras.
This video applies to Amira, Avizo, and PerGeos, despite the path name containing the word AMIRA. An environmental variable can be set in any operating system, though this video only shows the process for Windows 10.